National Leaders Theological Training
Key National Leaders are Selected to Attend the Encountering Christ Conferences and Seven Steps of Christian Living Training
The Encountering Christ conferences began in 2012 and are designed especially for the key national pastors/teachers of a given country. The conference lasts a week (for two consecutive years) and is theologically based, Christ-centered teaching on Jonathan Burnham’s book, Encountering Christ – Biblical Themes Focused on Christ.
These conferences are taught by Jonathan Burnham, and facilitated by Rev. Sonam Kabo, Dr.Vitaliy Sorokun, and Dr.Joshua Nguyen. The conferences are by invitation only; a small group of up to twenty pastors/teachers who are the top leaders in their countries are invited each year. The first year covers the Old Testament themes, and the second year expands on this foundation and covers the New Testament. The goal of these in-depth conferences is to theologically equip the top national leaders and train them, in turn, to equip other Christian leaders in their country. In this way, the Christ-centered teaching is multiplied exponentially throughout many regions of the world.
The first of these type of conferences was held in 2012 in Ukraine and Nepal, and more continue to be conducted in Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, Nepal, India, Africa, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos and Thailand. If travel permits, their wives are invited to attend one of the years and are taught the BMI curriculum for Women’s Ministries, Living with Your Emotions, and Technology and Your Family.
Exponential Growth: Already Vitaliy Sorokun, Sonam Kabo, Joshua Nguyen and other pastors and seminary teachers are using the material to train more pastors, teachers and seminarians in their own countries!
- Meals and housing for the pastors for one week
- Materials and Resources including a copy of Jonathan Burnham’s book in their language
- Advanced theological training and resources through which they can train others
Seven Steps of Christian Living
Seven Steps of Christian Living (7 Steps) is a new discipleship course based on decades of personal ministry experience in making disciples and mentoring. It covers the main steps of spiritual formation of a Christian from repentance to making new disciples, which is the goal of every follower of Christ (Matthew 28:18-19). The course consists of seven practical lessons, which the disciple will be ready to use and practically implement in personal life and ministry immediately after the study. The course is designed as a tool which will facilitate and encourage the process of making new disciples. Each lesson equals one hour of teaching time.
This material is already being used extensively throughout many countries in churches and seminaries and Bible colleges!
Links to Pages of the Encountering Christ Conferences:
- Ten Nations at Encountering Christ (Part 1) Conference
- Jonathan Burnham and Vitaly Sorokun in Africa
- Encountering Christ Conference Southeast Asia – Part 2
- With Olympic Torch Gone, Ministry Flame Burns On!
- Multiplying Leaders in Africa, South Asia, Southeast Asia, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union
- Top Leaders from All Over the World Will Meet in Bangkok
- Vietnam/Cambodia National Leaders Theological Conference (Year 2)
- Ukraine National Leaders Theological Conference (Year 2)
- Vietnam/Cambodia National Leaders Theological Conference (Year 1)