Eastern Europe and Soviet States
Regional Director – Dr. Vitaliy Sorokun
Dr. Vitaliy Sorokun has served as the Eastern European Director of BMI and pastored the New Hope Center since 1999. He first met with Dr. Jonathan Burnham in April 1998 when he and his wife Anna served as his translators at the pastors training conference. Later he was personally discipled by Jonathan over a period of several years in theological and practical ministerial training. Vitaliy holds a masters degree with honors in foreign languages from Kharkov State University (1997) and masters degree with honors in Ukrainian legislation from the nation’s leading law school – The National University of Law of Ukraine (1999). He was ordained as pastor under the Baptist Union of Ukraine in 2002. He obtained his doctoral degree in Public International Law in 2009 and is the author of a book called International Protection of the Freedom of Conscience and Belief (2010). Link to Dr. Sorokun’s Messages »
New Hope Center
The New Hope Center in Kharkov, was constructed in the summer 2001. The center occupies the third floor of Grace Church. This floor and its furnishings were provided by BMI funding. The floor contains an assembly hall which is used for New Hope Church, New Hope International Church, conferences and seminars. There is a library, a child-care room and various offices. Vitaliy founded New Hope Church and New Hope International Church – a unique ministry for Ukraine focusing on international students who are attending universities in Kharkov. The New Hope Center also supports a unique compassion ministry to abandoned infants who are left in several wards of the largest pediatric hospital of the Kharkov region. Dedicated to training pastors and Christian leaders, Vitaliy conducts pastors training conferences using the BMI materials in Ukraine and the former Soviet Union countries. He is also led to expand the training ministry to the African continent where there are many of his former graduates from New Hope International, some of whom are already in full-time ministry. Vitaliy is married to Anna, and they have one daughter, Veronica. Click on picture to view larger:
Recent News from Ukraine:
- Ukraine Women’s Conference LWYE
- Jonathan Burnham Training in Minsk, Belarus
- Dr. Sorokun Extends Partnerships with Seminaries and Teaches Technology and Your Family
- Jonathan Burnham at Historic Central Baptist Church, Moscow
- Dr. Vitaliy Sorokun (a Ukrainian) Ministers in Russia!
- BTMP Training with Dr. Vitaliy Sorokun
- With Olympic Torch Gone, Ministry Flame Burns On!
- Multiplying Leaders in Africa, South Asia, Southeast Asia, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union
- Top Leaders from All Over the World Will Meet in Bangkok
- Ukraine National Leaders Theological Conference (Year 2)